MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2013-05-06, 22:57
I really doubt if he would spend $ to by 10 cores on a die CPU for "proof of concept" machines.
Actually, I even think of telling you to gathering old machines (but reliable) as much as you can collect.
Put as much as disks, Ram you can. teaming up NIC if you can, and at that point you can proof your concept up to certain point.

You will get the idea how is your application will behave, how big of the data set you will play with
is the application cpu or io bound, and from that you can go out shopping buy the best fit server configuration.