MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Viewing snappy compressed files

Re: Viewing snappy compressed files
Hi Robert,

What command are you using to extract your data from hadoop?

JM

Hey, there. My Google skills have failed me, and I hope someone here can
point me in the right direction.****

** **

We’re storing data on our Hadoop cluster in Snappy compressed format.
When we pull a raw file down and try to read it, however, the Snappy
libraries don’t know how to read the files. They tell me that the
stream is missing the snappy identifier. I tried inserting 0xff 0x06
0x00 0x00 0x73 0x4e 0x61 0x50 0x70 0x59 into the beginning of the
file, but that didn’t do it.

Can someone point me to resources for figuring out how to uncompress
these files without going through Hadoop?****

** **

________________________________________****

Robert Rapplean****