Accumulo >> mail # user >> Inserting a negative value in the shell.

+
David Medinets 2013-10-22, 14:03
+
Zachary Radtka 2013-10-22, 14:20
+
Christopher 2013-10-22, 22:13
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-10-22, 23:07
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-22, 23:16
Re: Inserting a negative value in the shell.
As background, I was trying to add a negative number to a table with a
SummingCombiner. Does this issue exist in v1.6? I don't have an instance
running at the moment.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> tbh, my gut reaction was calling it a limitation of the current shell.
>

> On 10/22/13 4:07 PM, Billie Rinaldi wrote:
>
>> I tried the hex, but it still interprets it as an option. I'm trying to
>> decide if this dash issue is actually a bug, or a limitation of the
>> shell, since it mixes flagged parameters and positional parameters.
>> Maybe we could look into interpreting hex after the options are parsed,
>> but I don't recall how that's done offhand.
>>
>> On Oct 22, 2013 6:14 PM, "Christopher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>     You might be able to specify the dash/minus sign with its hex
>>     equivalent:
>>
>>     insert row cf cq \x2D1
>>

>>     --
>>     Christopher L Tubbs II
>>     http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>>

>>     On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM, David Medinets
>>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:david.medinets@gmail.**com<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>>
>> wrote:
>>      > I just tried to do this:
>>      >
>>      >   insert "row" "cf" "cq" -1
>>      >
>>      > The negative sign is being interpreted as an "unrecognized
>>     option". There
>>      > does not appear a workaround but perhaps I'm missing something?

+
Eric Newton 2013-10-23, 15:13