Bigtop, mail # user - BigTop : Build Targets

+
Jay Vyas 2013-06-10, 19:46
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-06-10, 19:54
+
Jay Vyas 2013-06-10, 20:40
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 20:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-12, 05:25
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-06-10, 21:54
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 22:04
+
Jay Vyas 2013-06-10, 22:23
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-12, 05:27
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-12, 15:50
+
Scott Stults 2013-06-12, 16:29
Re: BigTop : Build Targets
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 23:41
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks roman :)  yes we once lived and died by the SolrOutputFormat for some
> time.  It is a very nice extension to hadoop's reduce outputs - but What i
> mean is that SOLR is not part of the hadoop ecosystem, in the sense that it
> doesnt natively depend on HDFS .

Part of the JIRA I quoted has a full integration with HDFS.  Plus there's
a way to index as part of the mapreduce job with the indices being
deposited to HDFS.

> I think of "hadoop ecosytem" tools as tools which rely on HDFS, or
> MapReduce, in order to run.

Yup. That's exactly what has been done with Solr Cloud ;-)

> But maybe the definition of the "hadoop ecosystem" is brodening in the YARN
> / Zookeeper era ?

It is somewhat, but we're still pretty close to the original definition.

Thanks,
Roman.
+
Jay Vyas 2013-06-11, 00:09