Accumulo, mail # user - Merge Tablets [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Merge Tablets [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Dickson, Matt MR 2013-10-01, 03:17
UNOFFICIAL

I have a table with 125K tablets and would like to merge the smaller tablets together.  The documentation states;

Merging away small tablets works on one section at a time. If your table contains many sections of small split points, or you are attempting to change the split size of the entire table, it will be faster to set the split point and merge the entire table:

Based on this I went to run 'merge -t tablename'  on a table with table.split.threshold set to 1G and was prompted to confirm if I wanted to merge the entire table into a single tablet.

I had thought Accumulo would find small tablets and merge these upto a size of 1G, rather than attempt to create a single tablet.  Am Ir using the wrong command for this or misinterpreting the prompt?

Thanks in advance,

Matt