Flume, mail # user - ExecSource->MemoryChannel->AvroSink->AvroSource->FileChannel->HDFSSink throughput question

Re: ExecSource->MemoryChannel->AvroSink->AvroSource->FileChannel->HDFSSink throughput question
Chris Neal 2013-02-01, 16:40
Thanks for the help Juhani :)  I'll take a look with Ganglia and see what
things look like.

Any thoughts on keeping the ExecSource.batchSize,
MemoryChannel.transactionCapacity, AvroSink.batch-size, and
HDFSSink.batchSize the same?

I looked at the MemoryChannel code, and noticed that there is a timeout
parameter passed to doCommit(), where the execption is being thrown.  Just
for fun, I increased it from the default to 10 seconds, and now things are
running smoothly with the same config as before.  It's been running for
about 24 hours now.  A step in the right direction anyway! :)

Thanks again.
Chris