Pig >> mail # dev >> the last job in the mapreduce plan

Re: the last job in the mapreduce plan
Without knowing much about your operator, I will suggest couple of
things. In general, you should avoid designing operators which
requires you to take explicit actions on pipeline (which in your case
requires pipeline to be closed immediately). Currently there are
operators in Pig which actually does that but we should carefully
consider adding more as there interactions in pipeline leads to
special cases.
If thats not feasible, then one option for you could be to write a
visitor which will traverse the generated MR plan. If it finds your
operator in the pipeline, it will look if there is any more MR
operator following the current one and if its safe to remove that or
readjust the pipeline.
This may be more complicated then what it needs to be, if you can shed
more light on your operator I may be able to suggest a better
alternative.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 07:20, Gang Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for replying. Actually, I didn't observe such thing happen in pig now. But one of the operators I implement in Pig requires to end the current MR operator afterwards. That issue may happen in my case.
>
> -Gang

�> 主   题: Re: the last job in the mapreduce plan