Hadoop >> mail # general >> Branching and testing strategy for 0.22

Re: Branching and testing strategy for 0.22
Would it be worthwhile to give branches unique, persistent names?
branch-0.22-qa1, branch-0.22-qa2, etc. Then problems in a later incarnation
of the QA branch could be regression-tested against the previous one.

Your point about automated builds is, however, noted. If this were git,
branch-0.22 could be a "floating" branch which is aliased with the most
recent qa branch name. Can we do something similar with svn?

We could remove all the QA branches when we officially cut for RC, if you're
concerned about clutter.

- Aaron