Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Building Hadoop...

+
James Carman 2013-07-28, 14:08
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-28, 14:15
+
James Carman 2013-07-28, 20:13
Re: Building Hadoop...
Protobuf 2.5 isn't compatible with 2.4.1 which is the standard used by Hadoop 2.0

On Jul 28, 2013, at 1:13 PM, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am on Mac OS X.  I've installed protobuf 2.5.0 using homebrew.
> However, I'm getting errors like this:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project hadoop-common: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] /Users/jcarman/IdeaProjects/hadoop/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/generated-sources/java/org/apache/hadoop/ipc/protobuf/RpcHeaderProtos.java:[1486,37]
> cannot find symbol
> [ERROR] symbol  : class Parser
> [ERROR] location: package com.google.protobuf
> [ERROR] /Users/jcarman/IdeaProjects/hadoop/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/generated-sources/java/org/apache/hadoop/ipc/protobuf/RpcHeaderProtos.java:[1497,30]
> cannot find symbol
>
> Is this because protobuf is generating source code using a newer
> version and some of the classes aren't there?
>

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You should be using libprotoc 2.4.1
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM, James Carman
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything special I have to do to get the build working on my
>>> local machine?  I have installed protocol buffers and I of course have
>>> Maven/JDK.  I am getting compiler errors relating to protobuf.  Do I need a
>>> different version in my local Maven repository?

+
James Carman 2013-07-28, 21:00
+
Chris Mildebrandt 2013-07-29, 03:13