Hadoop >> mail # user >> "Browse the filesystem" weblink broken after upgrade to 1.0.0: HTTP 404 "Problem accessing /browseDirectory.jsp"

Re: "Browse the filesystem" weblink broken after upgrade to 1.0.0: HTTP 404 "Problem accessing /browseDirectory.jsp"
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM, W.P. McNeill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can do perform HDFS operations from the command line like "hadoop fs -ls
> /". Doesn't that meant that the datanode is up?

  No. It is just meta data lookup which comes from Namenode. Try to cat
some file like "hadoop fs -cat " . Then if you are able get data then
datanode should be up . Also make sure that hdfs is not in safemode . To
turnoff safemode use hdfs command "hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave" and
then restart the jobtracker and tasktracker.

--
Join me at http://hadoopworkshop.eventbrite.com/