Avro >> mail # user >> Is Avro right for me?

+
Mark 2013-05-23, 20:29
+
Sean Busbey 2013-05-24, 04:16
+
Mark 2013-05-26, 16:39
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-27, 13:25
+
Russell Jurney 2013-05-27, 18:08
+
Stefan Krawczyk 2013-05-27, 19:00
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-27, 19:34
+
Mark 2013-05-28, 22:38
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-29, 10:16
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-29, 00:02
+
Mark 2013-05-29, 16:30
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-30, 03:02
+
Mark 2013-06-05, 03:10
+
Felix GV 2013-06-06, 18:51
+
Felix GV 2013-06-06, 19:09
Re: Is Avro right for me?
> Make sure you differentiate between using Avro as a data storage format and as an RPC mechanism. They are two very different things and don't need to be tied together. Today, the data storage aspect is more mature and has much wider language support.
I think thats my problem. I'm trying to use it all or nothing. (Serialization and RPC)