Hive >> mail # user >> Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

+
Brock Noland 2013-01-29, 01:00
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-29, 01:06
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-01-28, 19:47
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-01-28, 19:48
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-01-28, 21:11
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-30, 01:18
+
Gunther Hagleitner 2013-01-30, 01:23
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-30, 06:28
Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule
+1 and +1

On 1/30/13 6:53 AM, "Gunther Hagleitner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>+1 and +1
>
>Thanks,
>Gunther.
>

>On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Edward Capriolo
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Measure 1: +1
>> Measure 2: +1
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Carl Steinbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > I am calling a vote on the following two measures.
>> >
>> > Measure 1: Amend Hive Bylaws to Define Submodules and Submodule
>> Committers
>> >
>> > If this measure passes the Apache Hive Project Bylaws will be
>> > amended with the following changes:
>> >

>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive
>>+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committers
>> >
>> > The motivation for these changes is discussed in the following
>> > email thread which appeared on the hive-dev and hcatalog-dev
>> > mailing lists:
>> >
>> > http://markmail.org/thread/u5nap7ghvyo7euqa
>> >

>> > Measure 2: Create HCatalog Submodule and Adopt HCatalog Codebase
>> >
>> > This measure provides for 1) the establishment of an HCatalog
>> > submodule in the Apache Hive Project, 2) the adoption of the
>> > Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule, and
>> > 3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule
>> > committers on the Hive HCatalog submodule.
>> >
>> > Passage of this measure depends on the passage of Measure 1.
>> >

>> > Voting:
>> >
>> > Both measures require +1 votes from 2/3 of active Hive PMC
>> > members in order to pass. All participants in the Hive project
>> > are encouraged to vote on these measures, but only votes from
>> > active Hive PMC members are binding. The voting period
>> > commences immediately and shall last a minimum of six days.
>> >
>> > Voting is carried out by replying to this email thread. You must
>> > indicate which measure you are voting on in order for your vote
>> > to be counted.
>> >
>> > More details about the voting process can be found in the Apache
>> > Hive Project Bylaws:
>> >
>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-01-31, 22:04
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-02-04, 22:27
+
Alan Gates 2013-02-05, 01:10
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-01-29, 21:50
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-01-29, 22:57
+
Prasad Mujumdar 2013-01-30, 00:16
+
Zhenxiao Luo 2013-01-30, 00:21