HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase scalability performance

+
Dalia Sobhy 2012-12-22, 15:43
Re: Hbase scalability performance
By '3 datanodes', did you mean that you also increased the number of region
servers to 3 ?

When your test was running, did you look at Web UI to see whether load was
balanced ? You can also use Ganglia for such purpose.

What version of HBase are you using ?

Thanks

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Dalia Sobhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am testing a simple hbase application on a cluster of multiple nodes.
>
> I am especially testing the scalability performance, by measuring the time
> taken for random reads
>
> Data size: 200,000 row
> Row key : 0,1,2 very simple row key incremental
>
> But i don't know why by increasing the cluster size, I see the same time.
>
> For ex:
> 2 Datanodes: 1000 random read: 1.757 sec
> 3 datanodes: 1000 random read: 1.7 sec
>
> So any help plzzz ??

+
Michael Segel 2012-12-22, 16:23