Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> order of async requests to zookeeper

+
Ted Yu 2011-12-23, 02:09
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-23, 02:45
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-23, 18:43
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-12-27, 00:23
Re: order of async requests to zookeeper
Sure.
That helps, Mahadev.

Can I assume that async requests from different zk handles don't have
guaranteed order of execution ?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Mahadev Konar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Ted,
>  ZK does not re order async requests. They will be executed in the
> same order as you call them from the same zk handle. Does that help?
>
> thanks
> mahadev
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The requests come from same zhandle.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> The following originated from discussion on a feature in HBase which
> >> relies on zookeeper for coordination.
> >>
> >> A task is removed from the tasks map. An async ZK request is pending to
> >> remove the task's zk node.
> >>
> >>  Another request arrives for this to-be-deleted task. A new in-memory
> >> task structure is created. A ZK request is scheduled to create the same
> >> task node.
> >>
> >>  Problem will only occur if create-node executes before delete-node in
> >> ZK. (If create-node returns NODEEXISTS then we treat that as success).
> >>
> >> Does ZK re-order async requests?
> >>
> >> Thanks

+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-27, 05:23