Pig >> mail # user >> filter on a date column?

+
Tim Chan 2013-03-21, 22:11
Re: filter on a date column?
Hi Tim,

Pig 0.11 has datetime type. You can do something like this:

a = LOAD 'input.txt' AS (date:datetime);
b = FILTER a BY date < ToDate('2013-01-01');

Also see built-in functions for datetime type:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/func.html#datetime-functions

Thanks,
Cheolsoo
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Tim Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since there is not date datatype, how do I filter on a date column?
> I've been setting the date column as a chararray.
>
> I would like to do something like:
>

> a = filter b by date_col < '2013-01-01';

+
Tim Chan 2013-03-22, 04:11
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-03-22, 04:41