Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 16:54
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-06-12, 23:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-14, 20:17
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-14, 21:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-14, 23:34
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-15, 02:17
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-15, 04:56
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-15, 15:19
+
Ralph Castain 2013-06-15, 18:46
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-06-15, 23:18
+
Ralph Castain 2013-06-16, 17:16
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-19, 23:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-19, 16:35
Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Arun,

What do I do if I have I minor patch that I'd like to get out into 2.1, but
where I don't want to introduce instability into that 2.1 branch if you are
trying to make a beta release? For example,
HADOOP-9651<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9651> changes
the exception that RawLocalFS throws when you try to create a file that
already exists, so that it is consistent with HDFS.

If I wanted to get this into a 2.1-beta-2, what should the strategy be? Get
it into trunk and then tag it as something to be considered for the
followup beta?

-steve

On 4 June 2013 16:32, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>  The vast majority of of the planned features and API work is complete,
> thanks to everyone who contributed!
>
>  I've created a branch-2.1-beta branch from which I anticipate I can make
> the first of our beta releases very shortly.
>
>  For now the remaining work is to wrap up loose ends i.e. last minute api
> work (e.g. YARN-759 showed up last night for consideration), bug-fixes
> etc.; then run this through a battery of unit/system/integration tests and
> do a final review before we ship. There is more work remaining on
> documentation (e.g. HADOOP-9517) and I plan to personally focus on it this
> week - obviously help reviewing docs is very welcome.
>
>  Committers, from now, please please exercise your judgement on where you
> commit. Typically, features should go into branch-2 with 2.3.0 as the
> version on jira (fix-version 2.3.0 is ready). The expectation is that 2.2.0
> will be limited to content in branch-2.1-beta and we stick to stabilizing
> it henceforth (I've deliberately not created 2.2.0 fix-version on jira yet).
>
> thanks,
> Arun

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-17, 23:04