Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Re: Disabling SASL

Re: Disabling SASL
Hi Eugene,

Sorry for the long silence, i spend a lot of time testing my Zookeeper
client embedded in a Weblogic server and i noticed a note related to
ZOOKEEPER-1455 at the beginning of the
clientTunneledAuthenticationInProgress() method.
Actually i'm also a little bit annoyed by this method because since it is
called again and again each time a response is received it floods my debug
log with messages like "Could not retrieve login configuration: ... "

So here is a new patch :
https://github.com/barkbay/zookeeper/compare/barkbay:branch-3.4...barkbay:weblogic-sasl-bug(
you can check the final code here :
https://github.com/barkbay/zookeeper/blob/weblogic-sasl-bug/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/client/ZooKeeperSaslClient.java)

It adds a new SaslState.NO_CONFIGURATION state : this new state is defined
immediately when the ZooKeeperSaslClient is initialized and means that sasl
is not authenticated. if saslState == SaslState.NO_CONFIGURATION then
the clientTunneledAuthenticationInProgress()
returns immediately and my logs stay clean :)
There are also 2 new JUnit tests and all existing unit test have passed.

Do you think that it can help ZOOKEEPER-1455 ?

Thank you for you feedback.