Sorry for the long silence, i spend a lot of time testing my Zookeeper
client embedded in a Weblogic server and i noticed a note related to
ZOOKEEPER-1455 at the beginning of the
Actually i'm also a little bit annoyed by this method because since it is
called again and again each time a response is received it floods my debug
log with messages like "Could not retrieve login configuration: ... "
So here is a new patch :
you can check the final code here :
It adds a new SaslState.NO_CONFIGURATION state : this new state is defined
immediately when the ZooKeeperSaslClient is initialized and means that sasl
is not authenticated. if saslState == SaslState.NO_CONFIGURATION then
returns immediately and my logs stay clean :)
There are also 2 new JUnit tests and all existing unit test have passed.
Do you think that it can help ZOOKEEPER-1455 ?
Thank you for you feedback.
2012/12/2 Eugene Koontz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On 11/29/12 11:51 PM, Michael Morello wrote:
> > Hi Eugene,
> > Thank you for the feedback.
> > I'm setting up a clean development environment (even with a clean
> > some JUnit tests fail, i must understand why before i could submit a
> > patch), I do more testing on our clusters and then I open a JIRA with a
> > patch.
> > 2012/11/27 Eugene Koontz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> Hi Michael,
> >> It looks like a good idea to me and your patch looks good too. You
> >> feel free to open a JIRA and attach the contents of your gist as a
> >> -Eugene
> Hi Michael,
> Even if some unit tests fail, that's OK :) You should feel free to
> submit the patch anyway. Almost all JIRAs have many iterations of a
> patch before it's ready. Perhaps someone can look at your patch and help
> you fix the test failure because they've seen something similar in their
> own experience.