HBase, mail # dev - [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 01:46
For namespaces, I was sidetracked for most of last couple of weeks and this
week as well. I did play with the code a bit and did a couple of
iterations, but did not get the chance to look into the latest patch. I
know Stack also looked at it. Unless there are other reviewers, I guess it
won't make into 0.95.2. This has been said many times before though that it
is very hard to bring this patch as it is after 0.96 goes out, because
rolling restarts will be broken.

I am not sure why there is not much interest in this though. It adds
namespaces, and fixes the system tables problem. Let us reach a decision on
this either way and move on I guess.