Sqoop >> mail # user >> Limits of Free-form Query Imports

Limits of Free-form Query Imports
Hi,
Are there any best practices or caveats for including nested joins in free from query imports?
I have noted that in the documentation it says "Use of complex queries such as queries that have sub-queries or joins leading to ambiguous projections can lead to unexpected results." I'm relatively new to the use of sqoop, have not encountered any problems, but I imagine that multiple mapper imports combine with complex joins might produce inconsistent results, as it seems that the parallelism depends upon range partitioning based on the splitting column. Or perhaps this is over thinking….

Charles
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-19, 03:01