Flume >> mail # user >> RE: Take list full error after 1.3 upgrade

+
Paul Chavez 2013-03-01, 00:13
+
Paul Chavez 2013-03-01, 00:00
Re: Take list full error after 1.3 upgrade
You need to increase the transactionCapacity of the channel to at least the batchSize of the HDFS sink. In your case, it is 1000 for the channel transaction capacity and your hdfs batch size is 10000.

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Paul Chavez wrote:

> I have a 2-tier flume setup, with 4 agents feeding into 2 'collector' agents that write to HDFS.
>
> One of the data flows is hung up after an upgrade and restart with the following error:
>
> 3:54:13.497 PM ERROR org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink process failed
> org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Take list for FileBackedTransaction, capacity 1000 full, consider committing more frequently, increasing capacity, or increasing thread count. [channel=fc_WebLogs]
> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel$FileBackedTransaction.doTake(FileChannel.java:481)
> at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicTransactionSemantics.take(BasicTransactionSemantics.java:113)
> at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicChannelSemantics.take(BasicChannelSemantics.java:95)
> at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process(HDFSEventSink.java:386)
> at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
> at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
>
> 3:54:13.498 PM ERROR org.apache.flume.SinkRunner Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
> org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Take list for FileBackedTransaction, capacity 1000 full, consider committing more frequently, increasing capacity, or increasing thread count. [channel=fc_WebLogs]
> at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process(HDFSEventSink.java:461)
> at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
> at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
> Caused by: org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Take list for FileBackedTransaction, capacity 1000 full, consider committing more frequently, increasing capacity, or increasing thread count. [channel=fc_WebLogs]
> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel$FileBackedTransaction.doTake(FileChannel.java:481)
> at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicTransactionSemantics.take(BasicTransactionSemantics.java:113)
> at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicChannelSemantics.take(BasicChannelSemantics.java:95)
> at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process(HDFSEventSink.java:386)
> ... 3 more
>
> The relevant part of the config is here:
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.type = hdfs
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.channel = fc_WebLogs
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.path = /flume/WebLogs/%Y%m%d/%H%M
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.round = true
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.roundValue = 15
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.roundUnit = minute
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.rollSize = 67108864
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.rollCount = 0
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.rollInterval = 30
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.batchSize = 10000
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
> tier2.sinks.hdfs_WebLogs.hdfs.writeFormat = Text

> [...]
+
Paul Chavez 2013-03-01, 00:11