HBase >> mail # user >> hbase many-to-many design

Re: hbase many-to-many design
Hi Jong

You can add a new column unannounced. This means your current 'put' does not have to recall which other columns are already present in  the row or for that matter, in the table. You just issue a put command as if it was your first one, and the column will be added.

Unlike rdbms, There are no update or alter table commands You need to execute to add a new column.

If the column you are adding already existed,then a new version of value you put, is stored.

Thanks
Abhishek
i Sent from my iPad with iMstakes