Accumulo, mail # user - How Do I Pragmatically Know When A Compaction Is Over? (i.e., how do I find hotspots)

How Do I Pragmatically Know When A Compaction Is Over? (i.e., how do I find hotspots)
David Medinets 2013-01-02, 15:12
I have a map-reduce job which uses AccumuloInputFormat. Some of the
mappers take 5 minutes while others take 40 minutes. Looking at the
entry count it seems like some of the tablets have more entries than
others. I'd like to generate a histogram of the number of entries per
tablet.

On the way to that goal, I learned that using Bulk Ingest does not
update the Number of Entries so that I need to perform a compaction
before I can learn the number of entries... Which leads me to how can
I tell that a compaction is complete?