Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Question of multi interface

+
Sijie Guo 2012-10-30, 15:00
Re: Question of multi interface
This appears to be an oversight in the *java API *only.

The C API supports *amulti* to do an asynchronous multi operation.
The server side definitely supports it as well.

I don't use the Java API so I've not noticed this limitation before.

It should be pretty trivial to add this functionality. Suggest you open a
new Jira on this.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Sijie Guo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> We were working on BOOKKEEPER-249 for a new GC algorithm using ZooKeeper
> multi-update feature. But it seems that there is no async interface for
> multi request in ZooKeeper client. As my knowledge about ZooKeeper, the
> difference between sync interface and async interface is using
> cnxn.submitRequest for sync interface while using cnxn.queuePacket for
> async interface. It would be quite easy to have an async interface for
> multi. Is there any consideration why not introducing an async api when
> developing multi feature?
>
> Thanks,
> Sijie

+