Zookeeper, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] longer release candidate time for higher quality releases

+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-11, 21:09
Re: [DISCUSS] longer release candidate time for higher quality releases
Ted Yu 2012-02-11, 21:42
I was at the meetup yesterday.
Though I am not a zookeeper developer, I started to pay attention to
zookeeper because HBase depends heavily on zookeeper.
Ben's proposal may also have echo in discussion of the release of HBase.

I think longer release candidacy is needed for newer zookeeper (and HBase)
releases where major refactoring and/or new feature has been introduced.
As long as committers and pmc play an active role in the initial phase of
release candidacy, the pro's should outweigh con's listed below. This has
happened recently in releasing HBase 0.90.6 and 0.92.0

Each time user reports a corner case (ZOOKEEPER-1367, e.g.), we would add
test cases so that future releases can be guarded against it.

Cheers.