Pig, mail # user - FLATTEN is not working

+
Mix Nin 2013-03-07, 00:41
+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 01:29
Re: FLATTEN is not working
Mix Nin 2013-03-07, 01:46
Harsha, Thanks for the reply. Suppose if I want to see output as follows
xxxxx 11 44 77
xxxxx 22 55 88
xxxxx 33 66 99

How would the script be written
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Harsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mix,
>        You are doing a TOBAG on a tuple which will put  it as
> {((11,22,33))}.
> flatten the tuple before doing the TOBAG.
>  Z = foreach Y GENERATE id ,flatten(split_qc);
> A = foreach Z generate $0, flatten(TOBAG($1,$2,$3));
> --
> Harsha
>

> On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Mix Nin wrote:
>
> > I have a file with below data
> >
> > xxxxx 11,22,33 44,55,66 77,88,99
> >
> > I wrote below PIG script
> >
> > X= LOAD '/user/lnindrakrishna/tmp/ExpTag.txt' AS (id :chararray,qc
> > :chararray ,qt :chararray ,qe :chararray );
> >
> > Y = Foreach X generate id, STRSPLIT(qc,',') AS split_qc ,
> STRSPLIT(qt,',')
> > AS split_qt, STRSPLIT(qe,',') AS split_qe;;
> >
> > Z = foreach Y generate id, FLATTEN(TOBAG(split_qc));
> >
> > I expected output as follows:
> >
> > xxxxx 11
> > xxxxx 22
> > xxxxx 33
> >
> > But the above script is producing output as follows
> >
> > (xxxxx,11,22,33)
> >
> > FLATTEN is not actually flattening the bag of tuple. Any inputs here?
> >
> > - Thanks

+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 02:00
+