Hive >> mail # user >> Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-06-13, 14:20
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-06-13, 14:23
+
Rubin, Bradley S. 2012-06-13, 14:32
Re: Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property
Right, The end result is that same. The hive shell script currently
bulds a list of aux_lib jars and generates the auxpath arguments. but
it is good to know these files do not need to be in a static folder.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Rubin, Bradley S.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Another option is to specify the path in the hive command:
>
> hive --auxpath ~/my-classes.jar
>
> -- Brad
>
> On Jun 13, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>
>> You need to put these jars in your aux_lib folder or in your hadoop
>> classpath. There is a subtle difference between that classpath and the
>> classpath used by UDF and anything that involves  a serde or input
>> format needs to be in auxlib.
>>
>> Edward
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In order to provide a custom "serialization.class" to a SerDe, I created a
>>> jar containing all my custom serialization classes and added them to the
>>> hive classpath with "ADD JAR my-classes.jar" command. Now when I try to use
>>> these custom classes via CLI, it still throws me a "ClassNotFoundException"
>>> for those custom classes in my jar.
>>>
>>> Is there something that I am missing? I confirmed that 'list jars' is
>>> showing me the custom jar that I added.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --