Avro, mail # user - Properties on union schema?

+
Christophe Taton 2013-07-14, 02:01
Re: Properties on union schema?
Connor Doyle 2013-07-14, 02:15
Perhaps I'm missing part of the original intent for this enhancement, but couldn't users define a record to wrap a single union type if so desired?  The (binary) encoding would be identical.
--
Connor

On Jul 13, 2013, at 21:01, Christophe Taton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm toying with a few changes to provide alternative representations of union fields in Java (somewhat related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-248).
> To experiment with this, I'd like to set properties on union schemas, but properties are currently disabled on unions.
> Is there a particular reason for this, or is it a reasonable change to allow properties on unions?
> Thanks,
> C.
+
Christophe Taton 2013-07-15, 17:57