Bigtop, mail # dev - Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?

+
Brock Noland 2013-10-24, 19:18
+
Brock Noland 2013-10-25, 15:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-28, 06:06
+
Brock Noland 2013-10-28, 14:34
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-29, 03:51
+
Brock Noland 2013-10-29, 15:50
+
Mark Grover 2013-10-29, 17:50
+
Brock Noland 2013-10-29, 17:56
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-10-29, 05:04
Re: Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?
Brock Noland 2013-10-29, 03:59
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok sounds good. FWIW, the code that will actually execute on the Jenkins
> > slave is actually just a very lightweight REST client that communicates
> > with our "parallel test" service.
>
> Can you please provide more details on this?

Our unit tests take like 15 hours if run sequentially so we wrote this

https://github.com/apache/hive/tree/trunk/testutils/ptest2

to execute them in parallel. It executes on a dedicated host and the
jenkins job is just a client of said server.

Brock