Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23

Re: [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Todd Papaioannou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>> Personally, I'm for branch-3. Regardless of the potential of .22 I'd
>> rather keep a slot for it. Worse case -- we don't have Hadoop 2 ever.
>
> Well, that would just be silly ;)

Well, then Microsoft, Sun, RedHat, Novell were all just plain silly.
They all had platforms in the market that skipped versions and
that was ok. Where's my Windows 6? Nobody seems to be
obsessing over it much.

> The whole point of renaming releases was to present a better face to the
> rest of the world. I don't think it's going to be that fun having to try to explain
> why there was a Hadoop 1.0 and a Hadoop 3.0 but Hadoop 2.0 never came out.

I don't think the above paragraph makes much sense. But you're entitled to
your opinion. Which means, when time comes to voting you are going
to vote according to it. I'm not sure there's much need for any extra leadership
here.

Thanks,
Roman.