HBase >> mail # user >> Region split with one row?

Re: Region split with one row?
Hi Ben,

The answer is c) below.

HBase cannot split a row, so you are now carrying around a 10GB region. It does not matter what you set the max filesize to, you are bound by this minimum unit. It seems you should either store some data somewhere else, for example outside of HBase (HDFS maybe?), in another row, or another table (again in probably more than one row given the size).

Lars