Pig >> mail # user >> RE: Load table sorted by key

Re: Load table sorted by key
Rows in HBase are sorted lexicographically, so that 1 precedes 10 and 100.

You need to
a) ORDER library BY id in Pig script or
b) pad your HBase rowkey with zeros e.g. 001, 010, 100, 101 before
since each row can not be simply updated, but will have to be
re-insterted into the table)

Best,
Adam