Chukwa >> mail # user >> Using Chukwa as monitoring tool.

+
Akshay Kumar 2010-12-16, 12:34
+
Eric Fiala 2010-12-16, 14:54
+
Eric Yang 2010-12-16, 16:57
+
ZHOU Qi 2010-12-17, 02:21
+
Eric Yang 2010-12-17, 02:46
+
ZHOU Qi 2010-12-17, 04:53
+
Akshay Kumar 2010-12-26, 18:03
Re: Using Chukwa as monitoring tool.
Yes.  That 16 GB number is for the HICC server, not for the collection
side. And even then, it's if you have a lot of data (a whole cluster's
worth) living in a MySQL database with a web application serving the
data.

The monitoring agent and the collector are both fairly small-footprint.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department