Pig >> mail # user >> xerces unit test failures

xerces unit test failures
Hi,

Does anyone else have problems running certain unit tests from a mac? I've
had this one for a while now. It happens for all tests that start up a mini
cluster it seems.

$ ant test -Dtestcase=TestPigRunner

Then this in the logs:

2/04/16 10:21:50 ERROR conf.Configuration: Failed to set
setXIncludeAware(true) for parser
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@2c79a2e7:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
This parser does not support specification "null" version "null"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This parser does not support
specification "null" version "null"
        at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:590)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1117)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:1093)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:1037)

I suspect it's due to some xerces lib included in my version of the JRE.

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04-413-11M3623)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01-413, mixed mode)

thanks,
Bill