Flume >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.5.0 release

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.5.0 release
Hi!

Apache Bigtop community is happy to announce our first
TLP release of Bigtop 0.5.0. This latest release is based
on Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha and it provides full integration
between the following Hadoop ecosystem projects:
  * Apache Zookeeper 3.4.5
  * Apache Flume 1.3.0
  * Apache HBase 0.94.2
  * Apache Pig 0.10.0
  * Apache Hive 0.9.0
  * Apache Sqoop 1.4.2
  * Apache Oozie 3.3.0
  * Apache Whirr 0.8.1
  * Apache Mahout 0.7
  * Apache Solr (SolrCloud) 4.0.0
  * Apache Crunch (incubating) 0.4.0
  * DataFu 0.0.4
  * Hue 2.1.0

This release has been tested and provides binary
convenience artifacts for the following set of Linux distros:
  * RHEL/CentOS 5 and 6
  * Fedora 16 and 17
  * SLES 11
  * OpenSUSE 12.2
  * Ubuntu LTS Lucid and Precise
  * Ubuntu Quantal

We would like to invite everybody to join the developer
community or simply give the binary Bigtop distribution a try.
All you have to do is pick your favorite Linux Distro and
apt-get/yum/zypper install whatever tickles your fancy:
   http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bigtop/bigtop-0.5.0/repos
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.5.0

Finally, I would like to apologize for this wide
distribution of the announcement and invite everybody
who's interested in receiving future Bigtop announcements
to join [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The idea behind [EMAIL PROTECTED] is to be a very
low-traffic mailing list specifically dedicated to:
  * release announcements
  * security announcements
  * feedback gathering for future releases of Bigtop

I can't stress enough how important this last point is for us. It
is pretty much impossible to build a comprehensive Hadoop
distribution without members of individual projects giving
us feedback on which versions to target, etc. Please do
subscribe -- we promise less than half a dozen emails
per quarter.

Once again -- thanks and enjoy the Bigtop Hadoop distribution!

Your faithful release manager for Bigtop 0.5.0,
Roman.