HBase >> mail # user >> regionserver restartup error

+
hua beatls 2012-12-25, 12:14
Re: regionserver restartup error
Hi,

First, check the date/time on both server and check they don't differ;
that's what the error says.
You can configure the max allowed with "hbase.master.maxclockskew", but
it's unlikely to be a good idea: it's always safer, in any distributed
system, to have the servers sharing the same time. ntpd is often used for
this.

Second, it's better to use the stop command than doing a kill, especially a
kill -9. Doing a stop allows to close nicely the regions this server is
handling, and to unregister this region server in the master. With a kill
-9, it means that the master will have to detect that this regionserver is
dead. By default, that's 3 minutes (zookeeper timeout). In the meantime,
the regions on this server won't be available.

Lastly, there is a restart command in he hbase-daemon script: it does the
stop & the start..

Cheers,

Nicolas

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM, hua beatls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    we stop the regionserver with 'kill -9 xxx(process number)‘, and want to
> restart regionserver with ' ./hbase-daemon.sh start
+
hua beatls 2012-12-26, 16:59