HDFS, mail # user - Hadoop throughput question

+
Artem Ervits 2013-01-03, 22:00
+
John Lilley 2013-01-03, 22:15
RE: Hadoop throughput question
Artem Ervits 2013-01-03, 23:02
Hadoop is using OneFS, not HDFS in our configuration. Isilon NAS and the Hadoop nodes are in the same datacenter but as far as rack locations, I cannot tell.

From: John Lilley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hadoop throughput question

Let's suppose you are doing a read-intensive job like, for example, counting records.  This is will be disk bandwidth limited.  On a 4-node cluster with 2 local SATA on each node you should easily read 400MB/sec in aggregate.  When you are running the Hadoop cluster, is the Hadoop processing co-located with the Ilsilon nodes?  Is Hadoop configured to use OneFS or HDFS?
John