Zookeeper >> mail # user >> question about server startup time in testing env

question about server startup time in testing env
Hi,
I've written a test helper class that starts up ZK in-process and tears it down when done.  Here's a code snippet:

 static NIOServerCnxnFactory _standaloneServerFactory;
 public static int _clientPort = 21818;
 static ZooKeeperServer _server;

 _server = new ZooKeeperServer(dir, dir, tickTime);
 _standaloneServerFactory = new NIOServerCnxnFactory();
 _standaloneServerFactory.configure(new InetSocketAddress(_clientPort), numConnections);
 _standaloneServerFactory.startup(_server);

One thing I've noticed is that the final line appears to be synchronous in nature, whenever I attempt to connect to ZK immediately, my client fails.  Currently, I just retry a few times.  Is there a programmatic way to check when the server is read for connections?  I tried a few method calls on ZooKeeperServer but nothing was helpful there.

Thanks,
Adam
+
kishore g 2012-12-14, 01:32