Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> getTopNChildren

Re: getTopNChildren
Hi Jordan -

Good question. We've gone back and forth on some variant of
getFirstNChildren several times and have never achieved consensus.

That said, this is one of the most commonly requested features for ZK, so
I'm of the opinion that we should find the least worst design and just go
with it.

I think the patch I wrote has the right idea in that it's agnostic wrt to
sort key, leaving the door open for a better way to tell ZK whether to sort
on zxid, name or some other property. Seems like what's missing is
getFirstNChildren rather than just getFirst.

If I cleaned that patch up and changed the API to be first-N, would that be
sufficient for your needs?

Henry

--
Henry Robinson