HBase >> mail # user >> Evenly splitting the table

+
Cole 2013-03-20, 22:32
Re: Evenly splitting the table
Take a look at TestAdmin#testCreateTableRPCTimeOut() where
hbaseadmin.createTable() is called.

bq. Is there a way to go about splitting the entire table without having
specific start and end keys?

I don't think so.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was wondering how I can go about evenly splitting an entire table in
> HBase during table creation[1]. I tried providing the empty byte arrays
> HConstants.EMPTY_START_ROW and HConstants.EMPTY_END_ROW
> as parameters to the method I linked below, and got an error: "Start
> key must be smaller than end key". Is there a way to go about splitting
> the entire table without having specific start and end keys? Thanks in
> advance.
>

> [1]
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HBaseAdmin.html
> #createTable(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTableDescriptor, byte[], byte[], int)

+
Aaron Kimball 2013-03-20, 23:55
+
Michael Segel 2013-03-25, 11:20