HBase >> mail # dev >> HBASE-4089 & HBASE-4147 - on the topic of ops output

Re: HBASE-4089 & HBASE-4147 - on the topic of ops output

>Doug, sorry for off-topic, it was extremely hot day; and I finally found
>that it is cheaper to get single dedicated cc1.4xlarge (EC2) for
>$1.60/hour than to rely on advocated (Whirr and Friends) c1.xlarge
>($1.68/hour); unbelievable (hot!) 10 minutes for garbage collection of 1
>Gb heap only, 1000 (small!!!) transactions PER MINUTE only. It can be
>explained by "virtual" sharing of the same cc1.4xlarge with at least two
>of other users (3 x $1.68 = $2.04) . Especially "swap", "cache" is used
>instead of file, and (of course) it is slower.
No any problem with Hadoop thoughŠ

BTW, I need to compare with Cassandra, another Big Table clone.

(P.S. I used dedicated servers before, and never had problems with Hbase;
except EC2)

-Fuad