Hive, mail # user - How to set an empty value to hive.querylog.location to disable the creation of hive history file

+
Bing Li 2012-12-06, 08:44
+
Jithendranath Joijoide 2012-12-06, 08:57
Re: How to set an empty value to hive.querylog.location to disable the creation of hive history file
Bing Li 2012-12-06, 09:05
it will exit with error like

FAILED: Failed to open Query Log: /dev/null/hive_job_log_xxx.txt

and pointed that the path is not a directory.
2012/12/6 Jithendranath Joijoide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> How about setting it to /dev/null . Not sure if that would help in your
> case. Just an hack.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all
>> Refer to https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/adminmanual-configuration.html,
>> if I set "hive.querylog.location" to an empty string, it won't create
>> structured log.
>>
>> I filed hive-site.xml in HIVE_HOME/conf and add the following setting,
>> <property>
>>   <name>hive.querylog.location</name>
>>   <value></value>
>> </property>
>>
>> BUT it didn't work, when launch HIVE_HOME/bin/hive, it created a history
>> file in /tmp/<user.name> which is the default directory of this property.
>>
>> Do you know how to set an EMPTY value in hive-site.xml?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> - Bing

+
Hezhiqiang 2012-12-06, 12:45