Accumulo >> mail # user >> Performance of table with large number of column families

+
Anthony Fox 2012-11-09, 16:26
Re: Performance of table with large number of column families
That shouldn't be a huge issue. How many rows/partitions do you have? How
many do you have to scan to find the specific column family/doc id you want?

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Anthony Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a table set up to use the intersecting iterator pattern.  The
> table has about 20M records which leads to 20M column families for the
> data section - 1 unique column family per record.  The index section of
> the table is not quite as large as the data section.  The rowkey is a
> random padded integer partition between 0000000 and 9999999.  I turned
> bloom filters on and used the ColumnFamilyFunctor to get performant
> column family scans without specifying a range like in the bloom filter
> examples in the README.  However, my column family scans (without any
> custom iterator) are still fairly slow - ~30 seconds for a column family
> batch scan of one record. I've also tried RowFunctor but I see similar
> performance.  Can anyone shed any light on the performance metrics I'm
> seeing?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

+