Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop tool-kit for monitoring

+
Mark question 2011-05-17, 20:01
Re: Hadoop tool-kit for monitoring

On May 17, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Mark question wrote:

> Hi
>
>  I need to use hadoop-tool-kit for monitoring. So I followed
> http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-toolkit/source/checkout
>
> and applied the patch in my hadoop.20.2 directory as: patch -p0 < patch.20.2

Looking at the code, be aware this is going to give incorrect results/suggestions for certain stats it generates when multiple jobs are running.

It also seems to lack "the algorithm should be rewritten" and "the data was loaded incorrectly" suggestions, which is usually the proper answer for perf problems 80% of the time.
+
Mark question 2011-05-17, 22:11
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-05-17, 22:15