Hadoop >> mail # user >> monit? daemontools? jsvc? something else?

Re: monit? daemontools? jsvc? something else?
Ah, more manual work! :(

 You guys never have JVM die "just because"?  I just had a DN's JVM die the
other day "just because and with no obvious cause".  Restarting it brought it
back to life, everything recovered smoothly.  Had some automated tool done the
restart for me, I'd be even happier.

But I'll have to take your advice. :(

Anyone else has a different opinion?
Actually, is anyone actually using any such tools and *not* seeing problems when
they kick in and do their job of restarting dead processes?

Thanks,
Otis
----