Hadoop, mail # user - where are my logging output files going to?

+
Jane Wayne 2012-03-28, 01:42
+
Michel Segel 2012-03-28, 07:51
Re: where are my logging output files going to?
Jane Wayne 2012-03-28, 08:29
what do you mean by an edge node? do you mean any node that is not the
master node (or NameNode or JobTracker node)?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Michel Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> First you really don't want to launch the job from the cluster but from an
> edge node.
>
> To answer your question, in a word, yes, you should have a consistent set
> of configuration files as possible, noting that overtime this may not be
> possible as hardware configs may change,

> Mike Segel
>
> On Mar 27, 2012, at 8:42 PM, Jane Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > if i have a hadoop cluster of 10 nodes, do i have to modify the
> > /hadoop/conf/log4j.properties files on ALL 10 nodes to be the same?
> >
> > currently, i ssh into the master node to execute a job. this node is the
> > only place where i have modified the logj4.properties file. i notice that
> > although my log files are being created, nothing is being written to
> them.
> > when i test on cygwin, the logging works, however, when i go to a live
> > cluster (i.e. amazon elastic mapreduce), the logging output on the master
> > node no longer works. i wonder if logging is happening at each slave/task
> > node?
> >
> > could someone explain logging or point me to the documentation discussing
> > this issue?

+
Michael Segel 2012-03-28, 16:48