Pig >> mail # user >> [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project

+
Alan Gates 2011-02-02, 21:18
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2011-02-02, 22:08
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-02, 23:11
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 05:16
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-02-03, 06:11
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-03, 16:10
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 16:36
+
Julien Le Dem 2011-02-02, 23:09
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-02-02, 23:05
+
Daniel Dai 2011-02-02, 23:15
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-02, 23:26
Re: [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project
+1
-Thejas

On 2/2/11 1:18 PM, "Alan Gates" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Howl is a table management system built to provide metadata and
storage management across data processing tools in Hadoop (Pig, Hive,
MapReduce, ...).  You can learn more details at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Howl
.  For the last six months the code has been hosted at github.  The
Howl team would like to move the project into the Apache Incubator.
You can see the proposal for the project at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HowlProposal
.

In order to be accepted as an Incubator project Howl needs a
Sponsoring project.  I propose that we, the Pig project, sponsor
Howl.  By sponsoring Howl we are saying that we believe it is a good
fit for the ASF and that we will assist the Howl project to succeed.
You can read full details of sponsoring a project at http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor
.

Our bylaws don't explicitly cover such a vote, but I think lazy
majority should be reasonable.  All votes are welcome, PMC member
votes will be binding.

Clearly I'm +1.

Alan.
+