HBase, mail # dev - The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 15:49
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 16:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 17:48
+
Stack 2013-03-19, 19:00
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 23:30
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-20, 06:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 08:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-20, 21:39
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:50
Re: The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded
Stack 2013-03-22, 04:38
This machine is now running builds: http://54.241.6.143/    After some
messing to fix memory allocation, it seems tests are failing legitimately
now for both 0.94 and trunk.   They warrant fixing (thanks for setting this
up Andrew).
St.Ack
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have checked with the folks here and until/unless the situation with ASF
> Jenkins VMs improves, we can provide a hosted Jenkins up in EC2, in
> us-west-1:
>
>   - A m1.large instance running 24/7 hosting Jenkins
>
>   - A pool of 5 m1.large instances serving as Jenkins slaves, managed by
> Jenkins with its EC2 plugin:
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Amazon+EC2+Plugin . These
> would
> be launched on demand depending on how many concurrent executors are needed
> (we'd set up a 1 executor to 1 instance mapping) and reaped when inactive.
> Jenkins' EC2 plugin handles those details.
>
> It would remain to be seen if this is better than the ASF Jenkins VMs, but
> if the community is willing to try it, we'd be willing to set it up and
> give out access. With EC2's IAM (http://aws.amazon.com/iam/) it's possible
> to give all committers accounts for managing these resources. An m1.large
> has:
>     - 7.5 GiB memory
>     - 4 EC2 Compute Units (2 virtual cores with 2 EC2 Compute Units each)
>     - 850 GB instance storage
>     - 64-bit platform
>     - I/O Performance: Moderate
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What, like travis-ci.org ?
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Would the HBase dev community be open to alternate hosted Jenkins test
> > > infrastructure?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > >    - Andy