From: Andy Isaacson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 4:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Kartashov, Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are absolutely right.  It was inded  "localhost..:"   in the URL. When I changed it to my IP address the page duly loaded. Which .xml file is responsible for this setting?

It depends on which URL, you left out that part of the answer. :) When you click the link on dfsHealth.jsp, does the error page have nn_browsedfscontent.jsp in the URL bar, or does it have browseDirectory.jsp in the URL bar?

The NN address can be specified with dfs.namenode.http-address and the DN with dfs.datanode.http.address but you shouldn't need to configure those by hand, the code is supposed to be smart enough to figure it out automatically. It works in my Hadoop 2.0.x configurations here, so I'd like to track down what is different about your configuration in case we need to fix the code to DTRT for that kind of configuration.

The first thing I would check is to make sure your server name is not listed as 127.0.1.1 in /etc/hosts on the server. Since this (arguably
broken) configuration is the default for some distros, it would be nice if Hadoop could handle it automatically, but in my experience things work much better when I delete that line from /etc/hosts.

-andy

> Cheers,
> Andy

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le présent courriel et toute pièce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, protégés par le droit d'auteur et peuvent être couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez immédiatement l'expéditeur. Veuillez penser à l'environnement avant d'imprimer le présent courriel