MapReduce >> mail # user >> understanding federation and mount points

understanding federation and mount points
Hi All,

I´m newbie with federation (thanks to Harsh J. for his help with the nodes
;-) ) and I have a doubt about how clients mount the namespaces:

If I have a NS1 that stores data for the users, for example /datausers
And I have a NS2 that stores  apache logs, for example /apachelogs

I suposse I need to configure the clients something like this:

<property>
   <name>fs.viewfs.mounttable.cluster.link./datausers</name>
   <value>hdfs://namenode01.8020/datausers</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>fs.viewfs.mounttable.cluster.link./apachelogs</name>
   <value>hdfs://namenode02:8020/apachelogs</value>
</property>

My question is what happens when a client try to put a file in a directorio
at top level,  for example /otherDir/. Who handles / dir ?

I have read that it´s similar to fstab but in linux you always have /
mounted in a device, it´s necessary to do the same with federation?

Thank in advance,

ESGLinux,